Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please use the below form if your question is not answered in the FAQ section. Thank you!
- How can I find your Event Venue?
- We are located about 15 miles outside of Charlottesville, between scenic Routes 20 and 231 on Turkey Sag Road, between Keswick and Gordonsville. Our physical address is 6065 Turkey Sag Road, Keswick, VA 22947. If you are traveling along Route 231, you will see signage along Route 231 as you approach, but there is not a sign at the intersection of Turkey Sag Road and Route 231. Be aware that some GPS programs, particularly those on iPhones, will attempt to guide people through neighboring properties’ private driveways. Stay on Turkey Sag Road until you see the white gates, two entrances/exits, and our signage!
- What are you guest/capacity restrictions?
- Max Indoor Ceremony or Reception: 350 guests
- Max Outdoor Ceremony or Reception: 350 guests
- What are the time restrictions for events?
- Setup time can start at 10 am. Events must end by 11:30 pm. Guests and the DJ or band may not arrive any earlier than 12 noon. The ceremony and reception should begin no earlier than 5:30 pm.
- Are all special event (including weddings) hosts required to purchase cider?
- Yes. For each event with less than 150 attendees, a minimum of two (2) cases of cider must be purchased. For each event with 150+ attendees, a minimum of three (3) cases of cider must be purchased. We also offer an in-house wine program. Should you choose use outside wine, there will be a corkage fee.
- Do you have a directory of preferred vendors for weddings?
- Yes; we offer a list of preferred caterers for the day of your wedding. Should you choose to use an outside catering firm there will be a non-preferred caterer's fee.
- I am a photographer and would like to schedule a shoot on Castle Hill's grounds, but it is not part of a wedding or other special event. What is your policy?
- Please contact Marketing Director, Kristin Hicks, at Kristin@castlehillcider.com to receive an emailed copy of our Photography Policy; please include your proposed date and timeframe.
- How do I book a tour for a wedding or receive venue rental information?
- Please contact Evelyn Keyes, Director of Events, at Events@CastleHillCider.com, or 434-964-7629 to schedule a tour and/or receive additional information on venue rental pricing. You can also contact her using the form below!
Get in touch to plan your event at Castle Hill Cider.